1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removal of "Hood Ornament" Begging your kind indul

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Paul113, Jun 28, 2005.

1. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt\";p=\"105738)</div>

2. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Re: Removal of "Hood Ornament" Begging your kind i

Is this re: the finger for Shrub? Should be 2 there IMO ....one for Karl Rove also :violin: .....

3. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

It is comments like the posts from Paul113 that have ultimately resulted in my not frequenting this forum like I have in the past.

I do not believe that political opinions belong in these posts either, unless they are in the political forum. Why some people continually have to ruin things for the rest of us is beyond me. I can only believe they are extremely bitter, disappointed people who believe they are entitled to say whatever they want at everyone elses expense.

Paul113, kindly keep your personal political beliefs to yourself unless in the correct forum. We all have our own personal beliefs and opinions and we are able to spare the rest those opinions unless in the correct forum. Thank you in advance.

4. popoff

popoff New Member

Why do you keep encouraging him by responding to his posts? You are the one that's loosing by letting him drive you away.

I think you will find this kind of thing anywhere. Maybe you would consider just skipping over his messages.

This software might have the capability of blocking posts from specified people. Just another thought.

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

:) THANKS PopOff...

I had forgotten that you can "IGNORE" specified members. You can go to "Profile - Buddy List - Ignore List" and enter the online ID of the individual and they will, ineffect, disappear.

DONE

Have a great day, PopOff...

6. popoff

popoff New Member

Poof!!!
    No more Paul 113

Now you can enjoy :D our company in peace.

7. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

:) 'Scuse me...A little OT...
    Hello again, Popoff...

I'm probably as "political" as the next person; HOWEVER, I express political comments and opinions in Political Forums.

PriusChat.com and other Prius Forums have been invaluable to me in discovering the many features and peculiarities of these remarkable machines and when I find a feature not being shared I try to get it online for the benefit of other Prius Pilots.

8. v.jones

v.jones New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(popsrcr\";p=\"102770)</div>
    FWIW- My rear emblem fell off on a road trip to Boston over the weekend, and there are two holes where I assume the pins would have been. There is also at least one more "knock out" hole which has not been opened. (I say at least one, because I have not bothered removing the Goop, which is all that is left of the rear emblem).

Can't wait to hear the dealer's explanation of this one... I can't imagine it was a souvenir hunter (I was one of the victims which taught Ford that lesson back in 64 when the original Mustang gas cap was not attached to the car) and there is no trace of damage to the paint around it so it doesn't look like a parking lot ding.

Oh well, I've been looking for an excuse to visit the dealer to try to talk them into turning on the alarm with their scan tool.

Vince

Quick update - 25 Jul 05: The rear emblem did not "fall off. Taking a closer look in daylight, it is clear that it was pretty carefully pried off by an <expletive deleted> who didn't want to pay the dealer about $40 for a new one and chose to pick one up using a five finger discount. And I thought Prius were generally not of interest to car thieves.

9. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(popsrcr\";p=\"102278)</div>
    Mine came off when the Clear Bra was applied... I thought that's ok.. I would like the smooth nose... BUT it is NOT a smooth line... the area under the emblem is flat... looks weird without anything there...( like the designer thought.. I fix you custom car guy who take chrome off my car) so on my car, back it went.

Bob Andersen

10. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(v.jones\";p=\"109759)</div>
    It's not the Prius specifically, probably, but the emblem which is extremely popular to be stolen. I actually had a body-shop try to hand me a bag of emblems once, a bit of shady there that leads into some deeper questions.

So, I speak from experience having parked my Civic in UCI's (university of civics and integras) parking lots years ago which is filled with many similar cars, and my emblems on the back (front once, and then never replaced) have been gone many times.

It would help to remember where you parked when the emblem disappeared so you can avoid parking there again, or attach a million volt tesla coil to the emblem. :mrgreen:

11. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Talk about missing emblems. To make a point in his sermon, my pastor mentioned that the H on his Accord had been swiped. Well, apparently the swiper felt convicted, as the H was returned by the next service about 45 minutes later.

12. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

You all need to take a deep breath and let it out slowly....except for the Texans of course they can just take a deep breath and not let it out at all. Why am I the villain here? Bookrats posted the "finger" hood ornament then Alsgameroom commented on it as being "for Bush" than I commented on his comment. But all you whining babies have put me on ignore :roll: so I guess I'm just talking to myslef anyway, so.......
    Never mind. First ammendment doesn't apply here I guess?? Ownership of this car is a political statement and if you say it isn't you're kidding yourself. Thank God we still dont live in Tucker's time or it wouldn't exist at all.
    Scheesch!! :roll:

13. EdIris

EdIris Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just removed and replaced my Prius Gen III Front medallion. It is a dog to do. If you search for Medallion removal you will find instructions. However the instructions do not tell you how to take out the screws that attach the bracket. You have to remove the Hood retainer bracket unless you have very small hands. Even at that it is very hard to remove the screws. If you dont want the ornament you could pry it off. It is a two piece assembly. The pretty silver and blue piece just snaps in. Hope this helps. EdIris