1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remove passenger seat without engaging the flashing airbag cluster light

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by SantaCruz-Cman, Apr 3, 2018.

1. SantaCruz-Cman

SantaCruz-Cman New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I bought my 2016 Prius C after not being a fan of Prius for decades. I am a true believer. I’ve decided to go camping in my Prius C. I’ve never camped in a tent and only a few times in a nice hotel.

I’m 6’3”, 250# but the videos said I would fit. What I soon found out when I layed down is the Prius C is 20” shorter than the Prius. I’ve designed a solution.

I searched the internet and specially Prius chat and no one has a tall, camping conversion, C story to share. I’m going to record mine so it might help others.

My plan so far is to
    Pull out the passenger seat completely (not just the backrest)

Get a 6’ folding table (with adjustable legs) to serve as the platform for my bed. It also slides out and becomes a table. This is a better solution than plywood because it’s cheaper, lighter, and doubles as a large dinner table or any other table.

pull out backseat cushions and backrests.

Now I’m ready to build.

So my question is how can I rewire the yellow connector under the seat and the other end that connects to the seat to tell the SRS system that my seat is there, it’s empty so the airbag should be off VERSUS that annoying light.

I have already removed my dash, instrument cluster, lens, warning light template and I’m ready to tape over the light but before I did I thought I would finally sign up here and ask

1x1 likes this.