1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removed the emblems?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by J.Wilkie, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Jim1eye

Jim1eye Shaklee Ind Distributor

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 3 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]249399[/snapback]</div>

Ok, gotta tell ya though...I feel bad for you folks who go through all that work to take the emblems off and then need those yucky yellow HOV stickers.

2. gippah

gippah New Member

In my opinion, these cars don't look better with the badges removed from the back. It looks more like you got into an accident and stuck a salvaged rear end on the car, or perhaps had it repainted but were lazy and sloppy with regard to finishing the job.

3. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 3 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]249399[/snapback]</div>

Oh I do not know. Replacing "Hybrid" with "Hemi" might turn a head or two.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prizzle @ May 3 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]249507[/snapback]</div>

"Yeah, I gotta Hybrid too" just doesn't sound quite right.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Im going to take my trim pieses off and put the yaris name badges on that will add to the confusion... :D

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim1eye @ May 3 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]249404[/snapback]</div>
    The yellow stickers actually provide a benefit, however. It isn't ALL about vanity. This is an interesting observation though. So many find the stickers ugly, but don't seem to have a problem with the ugly smblems. :shrug: If I'm gonna have something stuck to the car, I'd like it to perform some function.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gippah @ May 3 2006, 07:03 PM) [snapback]249461[/snapback]</div>
    Then for gosh sakes, DON'T REMOVE THEM! I'd hate for people to get the idea that you're accident prone, and too cheap to pay for a good finishing job! ;)

You're used to the status quo... and that's dandy. You're definitely in the majority. And that's something I haven't been in for a L O N G time.

6. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim1eye @ May 3 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]249404[/snapback]</div>
    I'd rather have those ugly stickers than sit in our freeway traffic...... :)

7. WendyRenee

WendyRenee New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J.Wilkie @ May 4 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]249876[/snapback]</div>
    <snif> I can't get those ugly stickers until I get my actual license
    number, contrary to the experience of others </snif>

Jim1eye I'm so thrilled to hear someone who shares my philosophy! I remove the emblems immediately, too, from any car I won. The Prius emblems came up easily. The reason is because I don't like advertising. I don't buy shirts with logos on them, I don't drive cars with logos on them, and I try not to *look* at advertising -- billboards and such.

Our society is so permeated with advertising... yuck.

Here's how to cover those holes: Darwin Fish

8. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Well I removed mine last night. Enough residual heat from the FLorida sun that they peeled right off! Looks nice and clean now. The only one I left on was the little Tom's emblem I got with the stuff I bought. Gotta represent the pimped Prius, you know.

9. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Hi- I'm a prius rookie so I posted this elsewhere but maybe this is the best spot. Anyone got a Hybrid Synergy badge they no longer want? I'll pay a reasonable amount ($5.00 -$6.00?) I actually want to put them on the side of my 01 classic to tell the world I'm a prius and proud. I know it's going to cut down my mileage, but I've always been a bit of a rebel. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks, happy to be in the club. leslie

10. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leslie @ May 6 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]250730[/snapback]</div>
    I hope you're joking, right?

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 30 2006, 12:54 AM) [snapback]247453[/snapback]</div>
    Doc, Look darelldd's getting 16mpg more... So I take it to the uninformed newbie prius owner they are losing that 16mpg.. :angry:

ROLMAO~

Removing the emblems will not effect your mpg.... Some people just like to keep the natives guessing, LOL hey what kinda car is that? Not really they do it because it looks cleaner...I think?

I still like the idea of putting the yaris emblems on the prius, really keep the native guessing LOL, Hey that doesnt look like my yaris? yeah this is the High end model..

Too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ May 6 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]250773[/snapback]</div>
    Except for PriusGuy, I'm pretty sure we've all seen the humor here.

But since there seems to be *some* confusion lingering: I'M JOKING. The BT stiffening brace won't effect your mileage. A wax job won't change it. Removing the wheel trim won't change it. Removing stickers and emblems won't change it. Turning the radio on loud won't change it.

The only way to significantly increase your mileage is to adjust your driving style and/or drive slower and/or drive a car that doesn't rely only on gas.

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 6 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]250813[/snapback]</div>

I have a sence of humor, :angry:

This is a good quote though

14. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Here's a pic of my Prius's naked nice person. Well, it's sorts wearing a thong now... :lol:

BTW, who's Tom?

15. Leslie

Leslie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ May 6 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]250773[/snapback]</div>

Yes, of course. :rolleyes:

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know but I think this is the same thing as taking those tags off a mattress or pillow. There is going to be a knock on your door and you are leaving. No one knows where, but you will be gone, lost, unheard of. If you can please leave your battery pack to me? I expect that the prisoners at Guantanamo will be telling each other " at least I did not take the Hybrid stickers off a Prius". MTLHMOYS. BTW I do not know you, we have never meet, and well good luck.

17. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I find it really hard to wash the car with the Toyota emblems on the hood and trunk. What is that thing? It looks like an upside down cowboy hat or something. Does anybody know what it means? I wish it was encased in clear plastic like my Ford and my Subaru's emblems. I ran my Prius 6000 miles before the first wash, and the "gray" area inside the emblem was a pain to clean back to white again. I like to lose the "cowboy hat", but not if it has pins behind it. It seems OK on a Tundra, but how many cowboys drive a Prius?

18. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ May 7 2006, 01:56 AM) [snapback]251008[/snapback]</div>
    I was just thinking the other day how much an upside down cowboy hat looked like the letter T. Too bad they didn't really use an upside down cowboy hat, becuase then it could represent the letter T. Now if we drove a Toyota Tundra that would be OK, but we drive a Toyota Prius. Now if the letter T was used for the Toyota Prius somehow...

Sorry, please excuse the extreme sarcasm. Not really.

If you really hate the emblems, then take them off. Seems the two pin holes would probably annoy you less. Just fill them with some spackle. As you car is white, you wouldn't even have to paint!

19. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ May 7 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]251043[/snapback]</div>
    :)

The problem isn't only the two holes - it is the flat oval spot left behind as well. The car looks TOTALLY unfinished without the stylized T. I should have taken pictures when mine were off. I do NOT recommend taking them off unless you have something of the same oval shape/size to put back on there. The front of the car looks like a pig without that one, and the back just looks wrong.

20. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WendyRenee @ May 5 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]250569[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, :blink: have you ever concidered counseling? :unsure: ;)

Your advertising to put more logos on your car..?