1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing coolant reservoir cap

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rick Cowan, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Rick Cowan

Rick Cowan New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Would love to know how one removes the coolant reservoir cap. A tab sticking down into a slot in the tank collar prevents cap from rotating. I've tried pushing and pulling to no avail. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    most reservoir caps you just have to pull up to pop open.

3. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is it different from the cap on a 3rd-generation (on which you merely have to turn it counterclockwise forcefully enough to overcome the detent it has at its fully-closed position)?

Mendel Leisk and Merkey like this.
  4. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Which coolant reservoir are you referring to, the ICE or the Inverter? On my 2022 the ICE is like the radiator caps of old (push down and turn at the same time), the Inverter seems to click into place, so you need to overcome the resistance to the tab when you turn it (no need to press down on that one). Both, of course are “righty tights, lefty lousy).

5. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Never looked under the hood of a Prius V. No clue. Maybe their forum section would help?