1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing Rear Bench Seat...oy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DenToyPri05, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Generically, it’s a U bolt that mounts to a flat surface with other screws.

If you go to ACE hardware with photo they probably have something like it in various radius sizes

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm pretty sure the frame/structure of the seat cushion is all made out of a long bent wire, and those loops are just part of it.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Generally, a seat is made up of sheet metal and heavy wire bits (like those U loops) that are welded together to make a frame. Then molded foam rubber and fabric (or "leather") go over that.

Make your own loops from some steel rod that's about the same thickness, or if a junkyard is handy then grab a rear seat base and strip it down.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

alftoy likes this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'd say the part of it that you can see is the part that kerchunks, so what the rest of it surrounded by foam and fabric might look like isn't critical. As mr_guy_mann suggests, bend up a loop that resembles the part that you can see, and kerchunk away.

5. Mary T.

Mary T. New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Husband just bought a brand new 2022 Prius LE. We also bought seat covers to preserve the beauty inside as much as possible. The front ones were easy to install but I noticed the rear seat looks like it is a mine field for electronic gizmos. Should I chance removing the rear seat to install the seat covers we bought? Should I remove the seat? Should I just hire a professional from a company?

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    No worries about popping the lower seat cushion out, it's just a cushion.

Do your covers need you to remove the seat backs too? Also not a big deal really, but those are more work.