1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing Rearview Mirror in Gen III prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Blu-ray, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Blu-ray

Blu-ray Blizzard Brigade #215

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all. I searched the forums to find out how to remove the rearview mirror and I came across this thread for the GEN II Removing Inside Rear-view Mirror | PriusChat However, I wasn't sure if it's still the same for the GEN III?

The reason why I'm asking is I ordered a RAM mount for my DVR that latches onto the connector and then the mirror latches on to the RAM mount. Should be better than suction cups that tend to need reattaching from time to time.

Sorry about the additional thread for a topic already discussed but I didn't see any threads in regards to this for the Gen III. If I missed it please point me in the proper direction. Thank you for your understanding.

Additional information:

I attempted to use the Gen II and I can't get the blasted thing to budge! Anyone out there with some tips on this??? I miss the old days where one used an allenwrench to do the job.

2. Blu-ray

Blu-ray Blizzard Brigade #215

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course after I post this second thread I go out and the mirror pops right off! OH WELL! It's off now! LOL