1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing the plastic piece between antenna and trunk lid

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Ranko Kohime, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Ranko Kohime

Ranko Kohime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Is there a guide or video on how to remove that piece? It's not immediately obvious how it's attached, and I'm assuming since it is outside the vehicle, it's probably more than just clips.

I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but on my Gen IV Two Eco there's a black piece across the back right behind the antenna sail.

I'm spit-balling ideas on how to mount a permanent CB antenna, and I wanted to have a look under this panel to see if a door jamb-type mount would be a good fit in this area.

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Toyota calls it the roof top moulding sub-assembly. In the parts catalog, Figure 61-04, Roof Panel & Back Window Glass, shows how it’s attached with seven bolts and nuts.

The Repair Manual, available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com, has the removal procedure: you must first remove the the rear roof drip side finish moulding sub-assemblies (left and right) and the roof headlining assembly. Complete removal of the roof headlining assembly involves removing the rear seat and most of the interior trim, except for the instrument panel.

RCO, alanclarkeau and Prodigyplace like this.