1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Renault to Offer Full EV Line in 2011

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Midpack, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2 people like this.
  2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah they've been hitting the TV with big one minute long commercials for the last week, so they must be serious!! They are doing this in collaboration with Nissan so you will probably be getting the technology under a Nissan badge in the US & Canada?

Check out the following link;

Electric car, zero emission vehicle - Renault ZE

1 person likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No but Nissan and Renault have a collaboration so you may see them here as Nissan vehicles.

4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I sure hope so. That would be superb!

The styling looks good. I like the sporty-looking one.

5. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think the next year or two is going to see a few more electric vehicles hit the road, in the US and here in Europe. Vauxhall (Opel in Europe) which is GM's UK company have just released their version of the Chevy Volt, but under the name Vauxhall Ampera and in RHD format. It looks like a cross between the US Volt and the Honda Insight, though the specs sound similar to the Volt.

I'm still hoping to find more about the plug in Prius due next year, though worry the small range won't make it viable for me, but I guess that depends on the cost of the car.

6. Capt Pat

Capt Pat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well gents
    I am on the market for a second car to do errands, and the ZOE would be perfect.
    My cousin is a Renault dealer( I was born and raised in France), and he shall let me know as soon as the new models arrive. Years ago I was a Captain for a car carrier outfit so shipping the car free is no problem.
    I will wait but it is exiting to see the leaps and bounds. I was not so sure which technology will prevail, but glad to see that after having been killed by GM the electric car is back with a vengeance.

7. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I guess they won't release the Renault to the States as there is no dealer backup but are you able to easily import one from France? I know there are issues with normal cars due to emissions but this car is electric so how would that work?

8. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    awesome video i want the zoe

9. Capt Pat

Capt Pat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Cabbie,
    Obviously I cannot be 100% sure of this and will investigate the options when the automobile will become available.
    So far as you have suggested emission should not be an issue, and outside of protectionism from the US through car manufacturers lobby Renault, if willing, should be able to distribute their models through the NA Nissan distribution centers.
    Anyhow those are exiting times.

10. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

check out www.vauxhallampera.co.uk for details.

You're right though, these are exciting times. So many different vehicles and options coming out in the next year. Some of these new electric cars make the Prius or the Insight almost look outdated. Though they do say the proof is in the pudding.

11. Capt Pat

Capt Pat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Cabbie,
    I went and check the Vauxhall advert and looked at the numbers and said to myself: boy it sounds like the volt!!!, till I saw bottom left the GM logo.
    My Prius is my halfway house and I agree with you in ten years and perhaps before my prius will be an antique as technology goes.
    BTW I took a trip to North Carolina last week and stopped in a rest area south of Richmond Virginia, and to my surprise saw the rechargeable area posts for electric vehicles. I even took a picture, but I need to figure out how to upload it. Google Dominion Virginia power, and they have a youtube video of a rechargeable prius using the power posts
    /home/patrick/Documents/recharging_station.jpg
    Hence Electric is coming much faster than I thought.

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Jam yesterday and jam tomorrow, but never jam today. Wake me when these cars are on dealer lots. Meanwhile I'll just keep driving my garden-pest green three-legged clown car. It's slow, but it's all-electric TODAY. (And has been for over two years.)