1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reoccurring Check Engine Code: P0136 [Need Help]

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by fopoku2k2, Jan 26, 2018.

1. fopoku2k2

fopoku2k2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    so it first came on two weeks ago whilst I pulled out of a parking lot. I used the OBD II scanner to turn it off hoping that it would be nothing serious.

Then it came on again earlier this week and a third time today. Searching online, I do not really get an understanding of what the code is and how to fix it.

Can anyone here help me fix this code?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, you've got a modestly-sized cluster of possibilities in the area of either oxygen content of the exhaust (and the various factors that go into that) or the condition of the exhaust oxygen sensors or the wiring or connectors to them. Just a matter of doing the tests to dig into that cluster and rule out the possibilities that aren't the cause, until you're left with the one that is. The outcomes of some tests will influence what you test next.

Because there are enough possibilities in there to be a definite testing-and-thinking job to get to the bottom, if it were my car I'd be looking right at the P0136 pages in the repair manual on techinfo.toyota.com right now, where they will lay out a workable series of testing steps.

-Chap