1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Repair Manual for Brake Booster/Pump R/R on 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Chewus, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Chewus

Chewus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Anywhere I might find Repair Manual in PDF for subject?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I found several different repair manuals at my local library. Was told the Bentley one was the best but after a couple months with it decided online info via PriusChat was the best way to go.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    One of the best things about PriusChat is this wiki page, which was carefully put together by Elektroingenieur to be pretty much everything you need to know about how to gain access to the actual Toyota technical docs whenever you need them, and some of the ways may be available to you at no cost. (Even if you go straight to TIS, you get two days to download as much as you want for $20, hardly a bank-breaker. I have spent hundreds on paper factory manuals for other cars.)

I do recommend knowing where the factory docs are and not being afraid to use them. Yes, forums on PriusChat are great, but are also the usual internet mix of stuff people know, stuff people don't know, and stuff people know that just ain't so. If your car is down and you need it up in a hurry, sometimes going to the reliable information source early can save a lot of typing.

It can also lead to getting much better help in the online forum, if you've already looked in the manual and you can say "I've followed steps 1 to 6 and at step 7 the flurble grommished", and the rest of us reading along can have good ideas what to try next, because we can read along and know just what you've done.

Along the same lines, if you do happen to choose some third-party book, Bentley or Chilton or whatever, please be sure to say so whenever you're posting that you've done such-and-such following the manual. Otherwise, we might mistakenly assume you're following the real manual, and confusion may ensue.

4. Chewus

Chewus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Fair enough, thank you!