1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace 17-inch wheels?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by GeoST, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If the 16's had wheel covers, not in the same league: the meant-to-be-bare 17's are beautiful.

2. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I do wish for a softer ride every once in a while, but when I look back at my car when I'm walking away.... I'll keep what I got ;)

Attached Files:

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Fast forward a few years to where your car will be in miles when you are ready to sell it. Will anyone care if the wagon has 17"s or 16"s? This isn't a hot rod, sports car or the like. (I remember being at a wheel refurbishing shop and them showing me some wheels taken off the cars of the local pro sports players cars ... $4k per wheel.)

Would you rather have the cash in your pocket (or investment) now and worry about the value impact later? Space to store them? Will the tires age be past the generally recommended 5 years and what will that do to the value of the set of 17"s if you keep them?

4. GeoST

GeoST Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Great points. Not really a tough call - I need the cash. Wheels and tires are on the market.

5. longWAYtoLAX

longWAYtoLAX New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

I wish I found out about this sooner. Do you still need oem 16" wheels for your Prius V? I saw in your remarks that you had bought some. If we can do a trade, that would work out great. Please reply and let me know.
    If for sale, then how much?

Thank you

6. GeoST

GeoST Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Rats! I did find great 16" wheels and they're already installed. Honestly, I don't know how much to charge for the rims and tires, but I have to recoup my investment. I'll PM you (if I can figure out how).

7. longWAYtoLAX

longWAYtoLAX New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    it's me again. It's a bummer that we didn't find out sooner and save both of us some money. I'll try to help you out what I can. I am in need of 17" tires and rims. Please let me know if you decide to sell and how much. How many miles did you put on the tires? Are you in the southern CA area? Thank you,
    Long