1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace 2006 Front Stabilizer/Sway Bar

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by app-o-matix, Jul 19, 2022.

1. app-o-matix

app-o-matix Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since I’m about to replace my struts, I’m just now contemplating this mod using the Corolla/Matrix part. On the Toyota Parts website, it list three different part numbers for this bar. Under the “What this fits” section of each part, they say:

“This product fits 26 vehicle variants. Toyota: 2 models, 26 variants between 2003 and 2013”
    $108.68

“This product fits 32 vehicle variants. Toyota: 1 models, 32 variants between 2003 and 2013”
    $115.02

“This product fits 306 vehicle variants. Toyota: 2 models, 306 variants between 2003 and 2019”
    $104.66

Are these all the same part with new part numbers needing to be created to add new years and variants that utilize them? I noticed the middle one says “1 models” and in its extended list of models and variants, there are only Corollas. And not that it’s dramatic, but why the price difference? I know there I may be looking in the wrong place for logic.

Also, in replacing it, which additional items should also be replaced and which existing items should be used? In looking at other threads, there was discussion, IIRC, about replacing bushings and about using the Prius’ existing bolts, but I’m not sure I absorbed it all. If I were to also replace the rear stabilizer, I have the same question.

upload_2022-7-19_1-37-51.jpeg