1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace Battery in key warning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Samsurfer, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well said, and thank you to all that have helped me with their generous wisdom and insights. I too have found an immense volume of knowledge collectively. Most folks are eager to share what they know or have come to learn about the Prius, and may I say thank you all again for your help in he past and in the future. merry Christmas and have a safe and happy new year!

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Oh no! Let's not go THERE again :p
    Wow, two of our 4 fobs are now almost four years old ... including batteries. That's the nice thing about extra fobs ... it allows for deferred maintenance.

As for the car's auxilary 12v battery, yea it WOULD be nice if the MFD let you know you're about to be stranded. Who knows mabe some of you folks with newer models could let us know if THAT feature is incorporated in your car. OK, get out your manuals.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There are some cheap eyeglass kits that have that screwdriver.

4. javajunki

javajunki recycled hippy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

ok a bit of an odd one here, My fob will only unlock the car, the little re light on the fob blinks and it will remotely 'unlock', but the 'lock' does not work. I replaced with new battery ( yes tough to get cover off first time) and still same symptoms. second fob works fine. Any Ideas?

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could just be getting old and worn out.

6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Try opening up the fob case again and check the button function on the circuit board, whether it clicks when you press it. The button on the case could also be worn on the inside surface so that it doesn't put pressure on the switch.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.