1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace CD Player base Prius 2008 with other Prius Players

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sebas, Oct 2, 2013.

1. sebas

sebas New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,
    I have an 2008 Base Prius (Europe version, no NAV, no JBL, no Bluetooth, no smart key - I guess is the Low Res MDF) with CD Player 53815 (only one audio CD - no mp3/wma etc).
    Can I replace it with other Toyota Prius II CD/MP3 Player model? From a broken Prius for example.
    Which models are compatible with my car? I want not to lose steering wheel control and MDF display.
    Thank you for your help.

2. Gerard Altena

Gerard Altena Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same here. I'd like to know as well

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    can't do it. but that's actually good because it is an easy upgrade to install an aftermarket 2DIN head unit in place of the garbage oem unit. all your steering wheel buttons will work and you'll have bt audio or any other features you would like. there are a few readily available adapters you'll need. keep in mind this won't replace the MFD, if that's what you're asking about.

4. Gerard Altena

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So you can buy a 2din-adapter and a 2din radio?!
    I also read on the forum about someone who build the radio in the compartement under the radio, so the old one became a non-wording one, and the new expensive one was hidden behind the sliding hatch.
    Of course that's a 1din solution
    I'll read some more on this forum, and photoblog my solution here

5. Gerard Altena

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going for the stealth 1din install
    There's à great thread about it. I will post the rest of my endeavours there.

6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the stealth install is great if you live in a crappy neighborhood, but you end up with a large lump of inert junk in your dash. a 2din touch screen is very cool to have below the mfd. the stealth install is down too low, and tucked in the compartment its a little difficult to work the controls. 2 din touch screen is... right there where you need it.

7. Gerard Altena

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in a safe enviroment in a little town in Holland. I will look into the double Din as well.