replace hybrid battery pack

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by fahadw2000, Jun 30, 2019.

1. fahadw2000

fahadw2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Once driving back home I got the code to replace hybrid battery pack. I checked my hybrid battery and found out that voltage of each individual cell is good, All voltages are in the same level, I also cleaned the connections inorder to make them rust free, moreover I did replace 12volt battery too. Still I am getting the error. What can be the reason?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The bad module has not totally failed yet, so simple voltage test won't yet show that it is weaker than the rest. The next step it to use a headlight bulb (12v/55w) on each module for 2 minutes and record the voltage loss. The module with the most voltage drop might be the bad one. There's alot more to it than just that, but that's the basics. Reading the sub-codes of the error codes via OBDII reader and Dr. Prius Android App will give more details about what's wrong. Check the battery ECU and the wires that plug into it for corrosion damage. I could go on and on and on....

3. fahadw2000

fahadw2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A

How much difference between voltages of different cells can we expect at most? My cells show a difference of something near 1 volt when I switch on the AC and study the voltages from OBD II. Corrosion damage is also dealt with.

4. Tracker

Tracker New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I believe the car will throw the red triangle of death when the difference between the 14 high & low banks is 1 volt or greater. You probably have one or more individual cells that have gone bad as previously described. I recently had the death triangle and after reading several threads on this forum I repaired myself. I had one cell that was only reading 6.5 volts. I plan to post in another thread the complete process I used to recondition my pack. So far my pack is now working great and it only cost me $44 for the complete repair!

Let us know what you did to solve your problem?

fahadw2000 likes this.