1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace Hybrid Battery -- Where to buy dead battery to repair?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Wayne Walter, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    To be able to save a random pack that shows up at your business a lot of variables all have to align.

Depends on the status of the failing battery and the status of your stock of replacement modules.

Sometimes you get lucky and the customer's pack is not too trashed.
    Other times it's beyond hope.

Sometimes the replacement modules you have on hand will work well with the pack you want to put them in. Other times you just have to send them straight to the recycler.

Not everyone has the patience, time, money, or even storage space to pull this off successfully.

People will need to decide for themselves what is the best way to move forward.

I work with my customers to carefully explain the options but ultimately leave the decision up to them.

When customers come to me for their battery repair, they know it will be less expensive than going to the dealer. Plus they can have the confidence that the repair is being done by someone who it trustworthy, experienced, and knowledgeable.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Wayne Walter

Wayne Walter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for these advice. I already started studying the laws of virginia related to automobile mechanics. I plan to offer the minimum warranty allow for swapping modules probably 30 days to reinforce that it's a bad idea.

Jad, thanks for the other advice also. As far as how to run the business and such with Dorman, I'm following Eric's lead.

3. Wayne Walter

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there a way to close a thread? This one, while very helpful to me, has gone way off the original purpose which is not surprising given how ignorant I was then.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can report your post to the mods and make a request. fulfillment is on their terms.

5. Wayne Walter

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks I'll just unfollow it. If ya'll wanna continue be my guests.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no worries, we will. threads die hard around here.:p

SFO likes this.
  7. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was curious about any additional progress Wayne Walter | PriusChat had made in the last 6+ months.

Is his daughters Dorman/Prius still humming along?

How many installs or swaps have happened already?