1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace INV Coolant pump Now P3125

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by mkrinc, Jul 15, 2011.

1. mkrinc

mkrinc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First thanks in advance for all the great info that has been shared here. This is my first adventure into the prius world and have tons to learn.
    So I picked up a 2003 that had a bad AUX battery and P3130 code.
    Just FYI, aside from the battery it drives fine. Kicks the Warning light after about 15 miles but since the battery was bad it kept getting reset.

Replaced the battery with a nice optima conversion.
    Took out the inverter coolant pump, tested the circuit (good), tested the pump (bad). Replaced with a new one from dealer. Set up the bleeder tubes and massaged the lines till the new pump stopped SCREAMING at me. Added probably 2 qts of TLLC total. Bleeder tubes never had enough pressure to push fluid back up to reservoir but got solid 2 inches of fluid with no bubbles. Topped of the coolant. Went for a drive around the block, made it halfway (about 28mph) before the light kicked in and the motor seemed to bog down. Limped back home and read the 3125 Code. Code reader does not give me sub codes.
    Now What? :)
    2003 Prius 154K miles on ODO.
    Green in case it matters. Just kidding.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Visit Precision Toyota and ask for the DTC to be read and a diagnosis provided to you.

3. mkrinc

mkrinc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks patrick, will check with them next week. Is there a code reader I should invest in? Seams people have mixed opinions. The mpg makes too much sense so I will be staying in this; perhaps worth the expenditure at this juncture?

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two