1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace JBL Audio System

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Vendo CHAN, Sep 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vendo CHAN

Vendo CHAN New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I had Prius 2016 Gen 4 in Hong Kong.
    Hong Kong Model is using JBL Audio System.
    I would like to change the JBL ausio system to Pioneer.

What should I do?
    Thanks.

2. NguyenCB7

NguyenCB7 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do you mean? Replace speakers? I have to look up the JBL set up but if you are not experience install I recommend paying someone to do it. I.E upgrade speakers using stock head unit.

3. Vendo

Vendo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want to change my JBL audio system to Pioneer AVH-8500DVD.

Attached Files:

4. cydia2020

cydia2020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    My factory unit looks similar to yours, model no. Fujitsu Ten 86100-47472, I have purchased an Alpine iLX-F309E and still waiting on my Maestro RR and the TO2 harness adapter to arrive.

5. cydia2020

cydia2020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Yeah update, got the unit working with a Maestro RR, everything works absolutely great except I don't get to keep any car settings on the infotainment as the Ozzy Halo9 is not compatible with the Maestro RR (Steering control is fine though as you can just choose "Other Alpine Bluetooth Radio" in the setup page (Also remember to choose the 2017 prius during the flashing as otherwise it wouldn't give you the option to enable the factory amp)). One other thing is I can't find the gain knob on the JBL Amp (presume it even has one), so the sound will crackle when the volume is too high.