1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace JUST the cloth from a door panel?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by xrobevansx, Apr 20, 2017.

1. xrobevansx

xrobevansx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    I was hoping to remove and replace JUST the cloth from the door panel of my 2012 v. Is this possible?

[​IMG]

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Absolutely possible as my 2012 Three had aftermarket vinyl/leather additions put on at an auto upholstery shop. This before I even drove it and was done just for the reasons you are showing. Mine was the gray. Has held up well. Reminds me though I need to clean just that driver's door arm rest with mild soap and water as my arm oils have discolored it. But I'm sure it will look just fine afterwards. (in fact, just cleaned it with just a wet rag and it came off beautifully.)

No idea how the auto upholstery shop did it. What they used was a kit from Toyota whose details I have posted before complete with part number. I'm sure it wasn't cheap as it was the entire upholstery kit. But any good auto upholstery shop should be able to color match with a piece of scrap vinyl they have around.

xrobevansx likes this.
  3. xrobevansx

xrobevansx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    One
    I got the Katzkin interior done for my newest 2016. Really is awesome. I wonder where I can get JUST the panels shown in my picture. I have a friend that is a wiz at upholstery and all things restoration (New England Chair Co. - Home | Facebook) so I am willing to bet he could remove/redo/replace fast.