1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replace OEM 6.1" Nav with OEM 7" HDD Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TreeHugger22, May 22, 2016.

1. TreeHugger22

TreeHugger22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I've tried to search for this answer on this site and others for a few weeks and never found an answer.

I've got a 3rd Gen Persona trim 3 with the non-JBL Entune Nav system. A friend of mine is parting out his Gen 3 and he's willing to sell me his 7" HDD Nav unit for $100.

Is this conversion possible? I know it likely would not be plug and play, but with some splicing, harnesses and kits is it possible?

If I've missed the answer to this, please link me an appropriate thread.

Thank you!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

You didn't say what year your friend's Gen 3 is ... there were some relevant radio/nav changes between '11 and '12 (that I know of).

You'll want to make sure you're getting all the bits you need ... for example, if your friend's is the system with the separate JBL amp under the passenger seat and yours isn't, you could find out how much your friend will sell you that for also, and maybe also the wiring to it if that's not present in your car.

The easiest way to see what parts are involved and where, and plan your work, is just as you see in this post on a possible Nav retrofit.

-Chap

3. TreeHugger22

TreeHugger22 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Both Prii are 2013 so that isn't a factor. And I hadn't considered the amp - I completely forgot about that.

Thanks for the techinfo link, Chap.