1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced actuator assembly. New codes, won't start!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ryan Harrington, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Ryan Harrington

Ryan Harrington Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I replaced the brake actuator assembly and bled the system. I went to start it and clear the codes. The codes for my brake problems are cleared, but I've got a bunch of new codes. You can see in the pics. The car won't start. I'm assuming I messed something up. Please help!! I'm ready to set this car on fire. 1520202247190.jpg 1520202261995.jpg 1520202270835.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you remove the orange interlock switch at the traction battery prior to working on the inverter removal? If yes, then check the installation of the switch. You insert the switch, pivot the lever 90 degrees, then slide the lever down to lock in place.

If the traction battery interlock is correctly installed but you still have this issue, make sure the inverter cover is properly installed as an interlock switch detects when the cover is removed.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The B1421 is just because you were not in strong sunlight when you pulled the codes (it's the code for the solar sensor on the dash, and will always be set if strong light isn't shining on it).

The two brake codes, C1259 and C1310, are just codes that get set in the brake ECU when it is notified of a problem by the HV ECU.

So you have one code left that's for an actual issue, the P0A0D in the HV ECU. Don't set the car on fire, just check the interlock. :)

-Chap

dolj likes this.
  4. Ryan Harrington

Ryan Harrington Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Redid the switch. Car is back on the road. Thanks for the tip. I felt kind of stupid

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

dolj, johnjohnchu and Raytheeagle like this.