1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced boot battery dash dim help please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by iron-icman, Dec 16, 2017.

1. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hi guys,
    Went to my car the other morning to which nothing worked and then thought it may be battery so replaced this and had no problems since strange how it just went.

Car is still working fine however the main square dash centre seems to get a bit dimmer after a little bit when I press the dimmer it does go bright again but when I dim it to the night setting it then dims more after a while.

Any idea or tests I can do.
    Not very technical minded with electrics and testing so be nice.

All in all loving the car

WilDavis likes this.
  2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Measure/test/check 12V AuxBattery, since it sounds like something is starting to get flakey. Rather than repeat all the steps, allow me to point you to "search" and mention there are many (dozens I daresay) of threads explaining and suggestions of solutions to your problem! - hope this helps - Wil ;)

…oh, and by the way, I've found that the dimmer switch (in my 2009 Gen II) is quite sensitive, and can be easily nudged to a different position , or even switched "off" (read my post re. "Oh no, not the Combination-Meter-Problem yet again!) :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

iron-icman and Andyprius1 like this.
  3. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Thank you will check it out

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and check the battery connections, especially the neg to body.