1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced Brake Actuator Still have b1271 c2318 c1252 c1256 c1391

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by fedx15, Jul 11, 2019.

1. fedx15

fedx15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an issue with my 2008 Prius, where i got the ABS VCS Brake Lights, so took it in to local mechanic to switch the brake actuator since it all pointed to that, when replaced the old part looked okay not worn out but not sure how to tell if it was needed to be replaced then about a week later, i got the lights again, could not figure out why so used a scanner to check the codes and i got those, i cleared them moments later got the lights again. I am thinking maybe the actuator wasnt the issue, since the old one looked okay but then again i wouldnt know so anyone got any ideas what the issue could be? Maybe was both actuators were damaged? I did get the 2nd one from a used car.

2. fedx15

fedx15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I cleared the code ran the car for a while, only codes left are C1252, C1256 and C1391, which i think i got to replace brake actuator maybe the last one i replaced was faulty since am not sure what else could do to fix it. Thank you for reply.