1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced MFD now backup camera is hard to see

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by emtkopan, Apr 9, 2020.

1. emtkopan

emtkopan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently purchased this new to me 2008 Prius. The MFD screens was difficult to see in daylight so I purchased a used one off eBay. I got it installed and everything was working well. It’s only been two days, maybe three but today I noticed that the backup camera is had to see. Like it looks whited out. The MFD screen is viewable during the day. I have adjusted the brightness and contrast but that has not helped. When I first replaced the MFD screen the backup camera looked fine. Did the heat affect the new MFD screen? Any ideas?

2. George W

George W Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I don't want to be over simplistic, but have you clean the camera lens?

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Darn spiders and the webs they weave...would be nice if it was that simple, lol.

I've had spiders totally screw up our process automation by building webs just in front of a photoeye. It's amazing how quick they can be. I hate spiders.

4. emtkopan

emtkopan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah I did. That was the first thing I did. Went back there to make sure nothing was covering it and wiped it clean. No improvement.