1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced MFD screen, but navigation buttons don't all work still

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by drewbabich, Jan 28, 2014.

1. drewbabich

drewbabich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I replaced my cracked non responsive MFD screen and it was AWESOMELY simple to do.

I love having my heat/ stereo/ and information screens back.

But Navigation touchscreen buttons don't all work.

I can see maps, and I can go to the enter address's screen. But the only button with the green perimeter around it showing that you can press it is the 'emergeny' destinations button.

I press the 'address' button (or any of the other buttons on this particular screen) and it does nothing. There currently is no way to enter in a address other then an emergency address like police or hospital.

The three physical buttons on the right of the touch screen all work. Its just the actual touch navigation buttons screen do not. All the other functions on the touch screen work like brand new.

I 've read about updates, cd's, dvd refreshes etc etc but I have not idea what thats all about. I just bought the car and have no cd's or dvd's to refresh or update. I could take it to the dealer... but I'm not going to to do that just to get navigation working.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just curious how much was the used MFD?

3. drewbabich

drewbabich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think i paid like 175 billz for it. It was worth every penny.

Driving the car with out it was fine also, but man it was easy to put in. I ussually hate removing dashboards but this was sooo simple to get to.

4. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This may sound like a dumb question but, are you in "Park" when you try these buttons? I know that some functions are disabled in anything but "Park".

Britprius likes this.
  5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is there a navigation disc in the player.

John (Britprius)