1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced Skid Control ECU, techstream won't clear old code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Brett Kowalczyk, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Brett Kowalczyk

Brett Kowalczyk New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I replaced a skid control ECU with a used one from ebay. The old ECU showed me a problem with the rear right hand wheel speed circuit. this new one is no longer showing that problem but is showing a problem with the rear left hand wheel speed circuit.

Using textream, I cannot clear this code. When I drive and watch real time data, though, it shows that wheel has the same speed as all the others. Thoughts on what might be going on?

Also, I've performed the yaw rate sensor calibration and also the linear solenoid initialization, but it says certain lights should blink during this process but they don't. Maybe related? Maybe not?

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My first questions would be (1) what is the exact code for the rear left sensor that you are getting, and (2) what does the repair manual (more info) say is the exact detection condition for that code?

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please post the old DTC (OBD2 code), and the current DTC in this thread for further assistance.