1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced TDI with 2016 Prius 2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JDenyer232, Sep 10, 2016.

1. JDenyer232

JDenyer232 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2015 TDI Jetta that is part of the emission scandal. I will be doing the buyback and I was going to wait till that happened. Then the turbo went. A week after getting it back from the dealer the high pressure fuel pump goes. Fortunatly still under warranty at 33k, but the warranty runs out at 36k. So I replaced it with a 2016 Prius 2. Beleive it or not I find it has just as much get up and go as the TDI. I must say that I'm very impressed with it so far, and look forward to driving it for many years.

Prius Pete, john1701a, RCO and 2 others like this.
  2. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Congrats and enjoy!:)

JDenyer232 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! all the best.

JDenyer232 likes this.
  4. JDenyer232

JDenyer232 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks all. I look forward to being a member here, you all seem like a great group of people.

RCO and orenji like this.
  5. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats and welcome. Lots of info on the site. Best of luck to you (y)

JDenyer232 likes this.
  6. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Wow. You kinda dodged the bullet on that one. I think the HPFP is actually on some kind of extended warranty with those cars, but still...I have a '11 Golf TDi I've parked till the buyback. Just shy of 70K miles and I don't want to go over (or wreck the car or hit a deer...).

Toyota was dealing and I found a Touring 4 I liked. Kinda surprised me, actually, because I was pretty sure I'd never get a Prius. In fact, the TDi was what I got because I just couldn't see myself driving a hybrid. Ever.

I never really had a major problem with my TDi. It was a fun and economical car to drive, but the A/C was starting to underwhelm and I'll be darned if I'll pay for another transmission service. That stung, I have to admit.

RCO and orenji like this.
  7. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We have a 2011 golf tdi mod made in Germany awesome car ! with water\ methanol injection , electric super charger, intake and exhaust, and a custom tune the setup pushing 320 lbs torque! I going to wait and see what's the fix will be first! They may offer a whole new engine with extra 6,500.00 and a new warranty! Gratz on your new ride!

JDenyer232 likes this.