1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replaced touch screen, now I'm seeing "CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM ..." error

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by eyadams, May 15, 2022.

1. eyadams

eyadams New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is a follow up to my earlier post about whether the touch screen on my 2013 MFD has a screen protector. I eventually decided it was worn out and have replaced it. I wanted to test it before putting the car completely back together, so I started the car. Good thing I did that, because I had forgotten to plug in the radio, at all. After fixing that, the radio came on, the touch screen works, everything looks good. Except, I now have the "CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM ..." error and a yellow warning triangle.

I think this error was caused because I powered up the car with the "Park" button unplugged. I have since plugged it in. Everything appears to be working correctly, but how do I clear the error? Do I need to find someone with an ODB2 reader?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe, but try disconnecting the 12v first. if that doesn't work, drive it for a few days. sometimes they go away after so many cycles.

3. eyadams

eyadams New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Disconnecting the 12v battery seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

bisco likes this.