1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement Bulbs for Headlight

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by garywhite, Dec 19, 2012.

1. garywhite

garywhite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My headlights are very dim. I am not sure if replacing the bulb will fix the problem, but it seems like a possibility. About a year ago I used one of the 3M kits to buff out my headlights and it worked pretty well at making the lenses clearer. The buffing also slightly increased the brightness of my headlights, but not to the level I want.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so what were your steps to solving it?

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Bulbs do grow dim over time. If yours are many years old, you'd be likely to notice improvement just by replacing them with new, original-spec bulbs ... let alone any costlier, "premium" replacement.

-Chap

4. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Yeah, if your going replace them with halogens, do not DO NOT get those $40 bulbs that say they are brighter. they are not.
    if you want to go brighter, than go with an HID kit from VVME on ebay. I have one and it works wonderful. Light cutoff is great. its not scattered all over. I think I paid about $75 for mine, dual beam, and 55w kit. a 35 watt kit is sufficient. I got mine aimed lower so I dont bother anyone.
    they bulbs for either halogen or hid will be 9003/H4