1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement Cabin Filter and Engine Filter recommendations

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Squeakasaur, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Squeakasaur

Squeakasaur Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hello!

I need to replace the cabin and engine filters in my 2016 C 4. But here is the thing, I live in the PNW and its wildfire season. What does this mean? Well it means I need something that is going to last through the summer and isn't too expensive because well... im just going to have to replace it in a few months. I am not sure if there are filters out there that help filter out the toxins of smoke or not but that would be a plus. Any brand or specific filters that you can recommend are very much appreciated.

Also, I will be doing at least the Cabin Filter on my own so any tips, videos, etc on how to do this would be awesome! ( I am not car smart so tis will be my first time doing something like this o.o )

mikey_t likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try the carbon impregnated one, might help with the smoke, idk. look on rock auto to see what they have

Squeakasaur likes this.
  3. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd think any auto parts store would have one of those cabin filters. But to be honest, I wouldn't know for sure as I've never bought one of those in my life. I've always just thrown them away when they got too restrictive. lol

Here's a video that shows you how to change the Engine Air Filter, the Oil Filter and the Cabin Filter. He's a little talkative, for me. But maybe that's a good thing for someone that doesn't know for sure how to do these things. Hope it helps.

Squeakasaur likes this.
  4. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I've always had good success with Wix filters. Good quality.