1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement combo meter clear window in dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tj S, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Tj S

Tj S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I was wondering if anyone has replaced the clear plastic window that seals off the combo meter display from the outside of the dash. Ive tried cleaning it but there are a ton of scratches that cannot be removed. It looks like a piece of lexan or something that I might be able to get at Lowes or Home Depot. I was looking to see if someone had a replacement piece available FS? If not, Il remove the one that I have and get the dimensions and try replacing myself.

2. Nme619

Nme619 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had to replace my failed instrument cluster(speedo, gas, warning lights). During dash disassembly, I noticed the clear window was damaged by cleaning chemicals. I followed this YouTube video:
    the guy in the video was dead on, for disassembly. Take your time, be organized. If your clear window is only dirty, I recommend using alcohol (isopropyl rubbing alcohol) from Walmart and two clean, lint free, tight shag window cleaning micro fiber towels they are the identical material of you sunglasses cleaning towel, you can see a sheen on this type of towel. EVERYTHING ELSE will leave a residue. Clean it once with tiny amounts of ALCOHOL on your rag(NEVER directly onto surfaces). After it's dry, wipe with a dry clean micro fiber towel. Use latex gloves while assembling your clear parts because fingerprints suck. Reassemble. Let me know if this helps. If anyone knows the part name & p/n of the clear little window that covers the mirror, please advise.

JessO likes this.
  3. Abdulaziz_Barham

Abdulaziz_Barham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    i sow some one who put mirror to reflect dach light