1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement festoon fitting interior light bulbs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Dragster, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Prius Dragster

Prius Dragster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My '07 Prius has a light under or behind each of the sun visors. I assume these lights are there for use with the little mirror contained in each of the sun visors. At any rate, both of these light bulbs are out and I would like to replace them. My dilemma so far is that most replacement bulbs listed on line and in the auto parts stores are too big. I have posted pics to show the much smaller, factory bulb and the alleged direct fit replacement bulb. The replacement bulbs, at least when trying to go with the festoon ends, are too long to even try to squeeze into the fittings. the contact ends start to bend completely out of shape when trying to force fit the bulb. Any suggestions? I would like to go with LED if possible, but standard bulbs that don't cost $29.00 each (found these online) will suffice. The standard bulb in the second photo is also a DE3175. No bueno. IMG_2639.JPG IMG_2640.JPG

#1 Prius Dragster, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  3. Prius Dragster

Prius Dragster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, Lucifer. Will give these a try. Returning the Sylvania DE3175's unopened. It appears the courtesy light on the driver's side at the back of the cargo area also takes the smaller festoon bulb.