1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement headrests? For more neutral position?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by col127, Dec 27, 2013.

1. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi folks!

Wondering if anyone has replaced their headrests? My wife and I found the headrests really "push your head forward" when you're sitting and leaning your head against it. Both of us have some neck problems and it causes my wife a lot of headaches when she's sitting in the car, especially for a long duration. They are definitely not in a neutral position and push your head forward.

Sometimes she just removes the headrest altogether.

We've never had an issue with our previous other cars since the headrests are more neutral and better aligned with your body.

Anybody notice this and have replaced them?

2. JYLPriusc

JYLPriusc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have the same problem (and complaint from Wifey), i manage to lean my seat a bit more

this is a new trend with car manufacturer. With all the crash test they go thru, having your head already tilt forward will save you from whiplash and all the pain that will go with it. BTW, the seat are made so they cave in if you are struck from behind!
    Unless you have it modify, you won't find replacement, they are considered safety equipment (OEM HANS device...lol) they should change the name...head is not resting anymore.

3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Some people have had good luck with putting them posts into a vice and slightly pressing the head rest back. This makes the rest not as bad about pressing the head forward.

orenji likes this.
  4. Snowball

Snowball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had this same problem and I had to adjust the seat bottom very high where the headrest was almost touching the roof of the car. I do find that most of the time I am sitting slightly forward and my head is not touching the headrest at all. Try playing with it more.

I think I saw someone post that they took the headrest out, turned it facing backwards and put it back in. Not sure if this is safe and may invalidate any medical claims arising from an accident if found out. Probably safer than having no headrest at all.