1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement of Passengerside low beam headlamp

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Rob Hill, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Rob Hill

Rob Hill New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have replaced lots of headlamps but I cannot get the passenger side headlamp in straight. Is there a trick to this? I have watched videos and read up on it and it does not seem to be that hard but I cannot get the top tab in correctly. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Look closely at the lamp socket and lamp housing (with a mirror) to make sure nothing broke. If all is good, stick your tongue out the other side of your mouth and try again. Seriously though, you just sacrifice your hand and play with it until you find the sweet spot. ;)

3. tjli

tjli Junior Member

I had the same issue with that %%$# bulb. My 2nd generation was difficult but this one looks deceptively easy but a real bear cat as my electrical cords were too short which put just enough tension on the bulb to throw it off when I tried to align it.

What worked for me was to remove the bulb, let the cord dangle and align the bulb into the socket without the cord pulling it out of alignmnet. First time I did this the bulb went in and I then easily snapped on the socket.

If they can make very state of the art hybrids why can not they make a light change easier or an oli dip stick that does not smear and make readings so darn difficult.