1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement parts for Enginer kits...?

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by minnesota_plugin!, Jun 19, 2010.

1. linuxpenguin

linuxpenguin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry for old post here guys, I recently (today) stumbled across the official results from the knock-out bracket (the precursor to the finals round that is currently going on) at XPRIZE and remembered you all were asking about it here. I was following other teams but I figured people might still be interested here...? If not, you can safely ignore me :).

Apparently Enginer was infact eliminated in the knock-out round (XPRIZE requires at least 68 MPGe--and thats MPGe which takes into account both electricity and gasoline usage--for the course to advance to the finals with Enginer achieving only 53.0 MPGe for the first portion of the test), but for those interested in more details, here are the official results from the knock-out portion of the XPRIZE competition:

http://www.progressiveautoxprize.org/files/downloads/auto/Knockout_Final_Results_v1.0_06-29-10.pdf

Andrew

1 person likes this.
  2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Probably Mr. Jack will be back to the drawing board trying to squeeze some extra MPG.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    the prius in the picture looks to be a Gen1. Why didn't he use a Gen 2? I thought that Gen1 cant take advantage of PHEV as much as the Gen 2,

4. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cleary with that MPG, the PHEV was not augmenting the gas engine at all. If I had to guess, they had problems with the DC Boost converter.

Perhaps Jack might give us a debrief on what happened.