1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement rear seat?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by '04Prius, Feb 7, 2013.

1. '04Prius

'04Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the bench portion of the rear seat in the San Francisco Bay Area. Mine was trashed by rats and mice, and is irrecoverable. My interior color is tan. Are there any wrecking yards or anything?

Thanks

2. sarah dunetz

sarah dunetz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Luscious in SF can order you a new one, but I'm sure it could cost more than a junk yard

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    from what i've seen, a new seat cost over 500 dollars. i was shopping for one because my dumb roomate was smoking in the back seat and tried to throw his cigarette butt out the window. I clearly told him the rules to smoking in my car. Don't ash out the rear window or try to throw anything out of the window. the rear windows only suck in.. this is why i have an ash tray in the cupholder.

he tried to toss it out and it fell back in but he was too wasted (a daily thing for him... sigh) to realize there was a smoldering cigarette under his but. when i got home he simply got out and walked to the house. i immediately checked and found it still smoldering a hole in the seat. good thing these new seats are as flammable as the old seats....

Xvipers.com has used seats for 175 or so. you can always contact him directly and he might give you a better deal.

pick n pull might possibly have something too

4. sarah dunetz

sarah dunetz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can also buy new seat covers from various places online for about $150 a piece, but I'm not sure how easy installation is.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    assuming here.. but when the OP mentions mice/rats... there may be no cushion left to put a seat cover over... or it may be so gross that he/she would rather not trap the remaining bits in the seat.

the good thing about the bench is that it's easy to take out. simply pull up very firmly on each front corner and it pops loose.. unhook the back two hooks by rotating the front up then slide it forward and out.

sarah dunetz likes this.