1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement Touch Screen issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nozzavtr, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Nozzavtr

Nozzavtr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dear all,

I have an issue with a replacement touch screen for a 2008 T4 Prius, basically the previous owner attached a sat nav to the screen, pulled it off and cracked the screen, the dealer messed me about with a replacement so sourced a few screens from China (I now know how to replace the screen element blindfolded!) and they didn't work.

I've sourced a complete second hand unit (86110-47230) from a breakers, however once I plug it in the screen lights but nothing can be made out on it as per pictures, has anyone come across this problem at all?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    you may have bought another bad screen, I went through 4 from salvage yards and 2 from e bay before I got one that was 100% working..
    did the prius welcome screen come on at all?
    did you press the display button on the right side?
    if its still dead Id start checking fuses and make sure the connectors are seated all the way on the back

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
  4. Nozzavtr

Nozzavtr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the replies, I've checked the fuses and pushed the plugs all the way in, one reason I don't think it is the fuses is that when I plug the old screen back in that one works, typically the seller is being funny with me now but I've said I will send it back, I'm based in the UK so might have issues sending it abroad for repair! Thanks again all though

5. Nozzavtr

Nozzavtr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Forgot to say I pressed all buttons and nothing, no Toyota logo either

6. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I lost the money on my last screen from ebay,
    I ordered it in working condition it had burn marks on the screen so it was worthless to me, sellers said to return it at my cost and I did, tracking shows he got the box then returned it to the post office as "refused delivery" two days later..
    I contacted ebay and their reply was if it powers up its as described "working condition" cosmetic issue do not apply..
    that was 2 weeks ago,I have not gotten it back from the seller, its somewhere with the post office and no one can find it.
    the best of this is the original dishonest seller would have to file the loss claim for me to get a refund..
    so Im out my money either way..

so i learned to get one locally with a return policy and e bay will not protect you from dishonest sellers or buyers now.

7. Nozzavtr

Nozzavtr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's so frustrating mate, I found the car being broken on eBay but done it outside eBay, but if I don't get my refund I'll go through my credit card company as it's not fit for purpose, failing that I'll head over to their compound and have a chat with them, but hopefully it won't come to that, I have it in an email that he will refund me if I send the screen back, just one hassle I can do without!

8. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    best of luck,i will no longer buy electronics on the web.

Nozzavtr likes this.
  9. Nozzavtr

Nozzavtr Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Same here mate, now they're trying to get 15% charge for labour (labor) out of me! Next time I'm going straight to the scrap yard and trying it for myself, best way really.