1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacement wipers (found some Bosch Aerotwin that fit!)

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by The Professor, Dec 1, 2018.

1. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I recently trashed my wiper rubber after they stuck to the glass one frosty morning, and I thought it was just mist... whoops!

Anyway, I found plenty of threads saying that you have to go to the dealership to get replacement rubber, or wipers, and there are no third-party wipers available.

Well, Bosch do one that is specifically custom designed for the 4th Gen Prius. Look for Bosch Aerotwin Flat Windscreen Wiper Blades A159S. This will give you both of the front wipers. Note that this is for RHD in the UK. The blades look symmetrical, so I would imagine they would fit LHD in the US too but don't quote me on that.

Fitting couldn't be easier. You press a small square plastic button on the middle of the clip on the existing wiper, and it slides out. The new one just pushes back into the same slot and clips back in place. Took a whole 1 minute to replace both wipers.

Seem to work great.

mark27lim, alanclarkeau and Jeppefinn like this.
  2. Jeppefinn

Jeppefinn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    I bought these to mine but they were A158S, from Germany so maybe that's the LHD number? Never thought about that, the blades have to be the other way around in the UK.
    They fit and work great.

3. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    That fits. Bosch typically number their LHD and RHD wipers sequentially. I originally found the A158S, but couldn't find them for sale anywhere in the UK. Eventually found the A159S.