1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing Brake Actuator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by yaoaoatgyf, May 30, 2019.

1. yaoaoatgyf

yaoaoatgyf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Read this thread, and replaced the brake actuator.

Brake Actuator Replacement | PriusChat

Car is back together, on jack stands with the wheels off. I have not yet hooked up the 12v or the put the orange plug back in the hybrid. I will do so when I am ready to bleed.

Have not bled brakes yet. Instructions in that thread say to download eithe techstream or alldatadiy.
    I downloaded alldatadiy. Also bought a mini-vci cable to connect the laptop to the car's diagnostic connector.

Before heading to the garage to tackle bleeding the brakes, I started reading the brake bleeding procedure. One of the first instructions says to connect the intelligent tester to the car's port.

I am confused. I thought the laptop was taking the place of the intelligent tester. I was thinking that the laptop would provide a screen with not only step by step instructions, but allow me to reset codes etc.

I am not an idiot, but feel like one today.

I know some of you have performed this procedure.

Any advice is appreciated.

Lynn

2. yaoaoatgyf

yaoaoatgyf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The "intelligent tester" predates Techstream. In Techstream, or even in many aftermarket scanners, there is an option within the guided brake bleed function to perform a post-actuator replacement brake bleed.

Be sure to hook up a jumper pack (or similar); it will take a while.

Raytheeagle likes this.