1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing cells in my battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Gavriel Holler, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Gavriel Holler

Gavriel Holler New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So my check engine light, brake light, and the big red triangle with an exclamation mark light came on the other day. so I had my car read, and it showed the 5th cell block was dying. So my mother and I tried to replace the cells, put the battery back in and started the car. The lights are still on, as well as the ABS light now, and we have to unplug the orange plug on the big battery in order to turn the car off, because it would just stay on and make clicking sounds. Is there possibly something we did wrong or missed, does anyone know why this is happening? I also scanned it and these codes came up: C1259, C1310

#1 Gavriel Holler, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very possible. Do you have a photo of the battery wiring? If not, can you get one?

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Take a few good photos of the electronics section of the battery and post them. If there's something wired incorrectly, we should be able to see it.

4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Did you disconnect the 12v ? I just did SWMBO's Gen 2 and disconnecting the 12v cleared the lights.
    Another thing is, did you check each cell voltage ?
    Torque app only showed one low cell (pair) on ours but when I left it stood for a week, disconnected from the car and with the bus bars off, I found two individual cells were lower than the rest by almost 2 volts, so I replaced the two.
    I don't know if you know but the cells are counted from the end opposite the ECU.