1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing HID Headlights 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ports, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ports

ports Junior Member

Being stuborn, I refuse to pay 5 or 6 hundred dollars to have the lights replaced at the dealer. I got on the chat and received some useful information. I purchased 2 HID bulbs from Amazon as directed and followed some very good instructions as to installation. The passenger side went in fairly easily. I encoubtered a problem with the driver side. I was able to open the black container housing the light and sucessfully removed the old light. When putting in the new light, the retaining clip that holds the light in place came loose. I'm having some problems getting it back in place. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me. I know I can complete the job if I can get the clip back where it belongs. As you know, their isn't much room on the drivers side. I certainly would appreciate your help. I just can't see paying the outrageous price to have headlights put in. Thank you for you help. The chat has been very useful to me over the years with the wealth of knowledge many of you have concerning the best car on the market.