1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing individual cells in the hybrid pack

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by vimpo, Jan 1, 2023.

1. vimpo

vimpo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello!
    I have toyota aqua 2015 that has a failed battery pack, so i decided to conduct the following experiment to determine which cell to replace and how many to replace (first time messing with a car, so let me know if the procedure is correct or not).
    First, i cleared the error(P0A80-Replace Hybrid Battery) using a scanner that allowed the car to function as normal for some time.
    During this period, i logged the following for 830 seconds with steady acceleration and sharp breaking(enough for the regen breaking to work) :
    1. Battery block number with minimum voltage
    2. Battery block number with maximum voltage
    3. Battery Block Voltage,... (from 1 to 10)
    4. Batt Pack Current Val(Amperes)
    So logically, i figured if i plot the battery block number with minimum voltage, i can then determine which cell is causing the car to assert, but unfortunately i am not able to make sense of the data with confidence so any help here would greatly be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Looks like blocks 2 and 4 had high voltage for the shortest amount of time. Followed closely by block 10 than block 8
    block Internal Resistance readings should help narrow the search too. - see drprius app.