1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing rear bumper protector

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by quixotequest, Sep 4, 2007.

1. quixotequest

quixotequest New Member

My 05 Prius clear rear bumper protecter has cracked off in 2 places on the outside edge (and chipped the paint) where my wife's grandpa had backed up into something. Thankfully that was the worst for an otherwise wonderful car which we've loved over the last month. I'm wondering how I could safely remove it to either replace it (after retouching the paint) with a like item, or one of those black rubber ones I see for sale here at the PChat shop.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quixotequest @ Sep 4 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]507010[/snapback]</div>
    You probably will not need to remove it if you get one of the heavy duty black bumper protectors. I applied mine over the thin factory one and it covers the scratches.

3. quixotequest

quixotequest New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Sep 4 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]507085[/snapback]</div>
    How much of the front edge does the black bumper protectors cover? IOW, would it completely cover the cracked area and chipped spot once I retouch it? (The left side of my clear bumper protector is cracked, broken and paint similarly chipped in the same place as it is on the right, as shown here.)

[attachmentid=11154]

Attached Files:

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, ther one shown in the Acessory Shop should cover that easily. No need to touch up either, plastic don't rust.