1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing rear window cost ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by soloflyt, Jul 10, 2013.

1. soloflyt

soloflyt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I had my car retinted and the "tinter" messed up my rear defroster. He said the lines peeled out with the old tint. Filing a claim with his company, I think is hopeless at this point. He did say he tried hot steamer, etc and it still peeled off. I live in Socal so I don't use the defroster that much, but I do like to have everything working in the car. So I'm thinking of getting the rear glass replaced, or should I just live with a broken defroster .. If I do replace it, does anyone know how much it'll cost ? I don't think repairing the defrost lines will work either because there are multiple long ones ..

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If it were up to me, I'd take the rear wiper delete a step further and get a replacement rear window glass found on the One (the trim available only to fleets), which lacks the rear wiper. Or just get one with no defroster for the cleanest look (no more annoying tint lines).

soloflyt likes this.