1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Replacing the Center Console with Aux and Power Socket

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Since, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Since

Since New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am trying to replace my Center Console but i need to know which wires connect to center console for aux and the power socket, i've looked at diagrams but it seems to only show the power socket wire. What is the model number for the aux wire and where can i buy one.

Attached Files:

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

If the diagram you posted is what you're talking about, it's (as you've already noticed) not really detailed enough to answer your questions. You can find the Wiring Diagram Manual for your car on techinfo.toyota.com and find all the answers you want, down to the part numbers of the connectors on the ends of the harnesses if you just needed to repair them, and the shapes and pinouts and wire colors so you would be sure of what you were looking at.

Once you have part numbers for what you need, you've got lots of options for buying them. I usually start with one of the online Toyota dealerships like Metro Toyota Parts. Prices can be higher or lower than you'd expect, depending on the part ... if you don't like the dealer price, you can look for an aftermarket or salvage part (again depending on the specific part). You'd be surprised how many useful hits you find if you just put a Toyota part number into Google.

But then sometimes you look at the dealer price and it's good enough, and saves you the work of looking harder for the part elsewhere, and you know what you're getting.

-Chap

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    If you send me a PM, I can reply with a link to a PDF of the full wiring diagram on my web server.

JeffD

4. Since

Since New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thanks both of you. i found the part numbers and there available on metro toyota parts

actually which metro toyota parts site do you go to, there are a couple that share the name.

5. Since

Since New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The wire harnesses that I've ordered from Toyota of Dallas are:
    name | description | pins | model number

R5 | radio receiver | 20-pin / 12-pin | 90980-12259
    R6 | radio receiver | 20-pin | 90980-12038
    S30 | stereo jack adapter | 12-pin | 82824-21030