1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

replacing the vanity mirror light bulb/drivers side

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by drlyons09, Nov 15, 2011.

1. drlyons09

drlyons09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I might need to replace the driver's side vanity mirror light in my 2010. Where are there some instructions about removing the light cover. I found bulb information in the manuel, but no instructions for replacement.

2. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    you use a flat screwdriver, cover the tip with a thin piece of cloth, and just yank the cover lightly from either side of the cover !!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. drlyons09

drlyons09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    could it be a fuse problem?:cheer2:

4. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I found that one of those eyeglass screw drivers worked well, with some Scotch tape over the end to prevent scratching.

But I wouldn't replace the light with the factory "color" (kind of yellowish). I'd replace both vanity mirror lights with a cool white color. My girlfriend likes that color better when putting on her makeup while in the car. And I gotta keep her happy.

I believe I bought mine at superbrightleds.com. Somewhere on these boards you can find the part number. I tried to search and failed, miserably.

Mike

1 person likes this.
  5. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The below is a post from HI MPG:

I used superbrightleds.com for my LED replacements. For the wedge glass bulbs for the convenience (above visor), map, and door lights, I went with the WLED x4 (194/188) white bulbs. I have to say that the LEDs for the convenience lights are not quite as bright as the standard bulbs. For the dome and trunk light, I went with the LED Festoon 3022x4 bulbs. Total installation was quite easy, except for convenience locations - which required a bit more force to pop the covers off. I am quite happy with the mod.

1 person likes this.
  6. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    just replaced mine with small 12 SME LED panels. Us a thin screwdriver or stiff wire from the left side, pushes in the lever/clip that holds it, pull down from the left.

I replaced all my interior lights -vanity, map, dome, door, and hatch with SME LED panels from eVilBay - total was $21.42.

2 of these for the dome light - had to solder wires.

These went everywhere else.

Needed to belt sand about an 1/8" from the length for the door lamps. also needed a couple dabs of hot glue, as I don't trust the foam adhesive.

Did I mention it's quite BRIGHT in the car... :D

Now to open the center console to swap with blue LEDs.

2 people like this.