1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reporter seeking Prius owners to interview

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GregWright, Aug 24, 2004.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :-D

I'm just kidding, of course. There are dog people and there are cat poeple and we will defend our preferences to our deaths. Oddly, though, Nina will walk in front of you, roll over, and lay there sprawled on the floor until you rub her belly so hard you think her fur is going to fall off. And when she's done with that, she'll roll over to "let" you rub her back, sides, belly again, then head. I trully think she's a dog reincarnated.

Well, All the students here think I'm bona fide crazy. Every morning I rush to the classrooms looking for a USA Today. Every afternoon I remind them to bring one in the next day.

Does USA Today run on Saturday and Sunday. With my luck, the article would run on days when I have no access to it. Free, I mean.

Sorry, Jim. Dem's de breaks.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I don't have to buy the USA Today.

I can just stroll the halls at the Embassy Suites Hotel... :wink:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Their buffets are excellent. And the tables they set up in the lobbies with all the goodies on them. MMmmmm.

Just dress up a bit and wear a name tag. They'll never konw the difference.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually henry, you are probably right about the olympian putting into the auto section of the paper.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just one thing I like cats (except when they walk on the kitchen counters) I am baldly allergic to them. Our last cat Mycroft was a great cat. I am a animal person. Well let me be clear that excludes spiders. It is irrational but there it is.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here it is. Have not seen it locally. Does not show the car :( . Not sure I like the story. I for one think we are running out of oil or at least enough to meet demand and I do think my Prius is better for the environment than generally available cars. Here is the URL:
    http://www.chillicothegazette.com/news/sto...ws/1239137.html

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    125 years of oil??

i find that hard to believe.

8. swepri

swepri New Member

Henry, You sure looks like a typical Prius owner on that pic. It looks like you are hard focused at the mileage screen :crazyeyes:

/Paj

9. maxvok

maxvok New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"36838)</div>
    If you are interested in reading most stories that are daily published in the US, the easiest way is to subscribe - free - to the Google News Alerts, I copy yesterdays output below (unfortunately the header links are not copied from my Google e-mail):

Google Alert for: Toyota Prius

TOYOTA Prius: In The Autoblog Garage Day 1
    Autoblog - Santa Monica,CA,United States
    ... Probably, but even if al this is over exaggerated there is still no reason for not testing the most popular hybrid of the day, the Toyota Prius. ...

VEGAN consumers persuade carmakers to lose leather
    Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - Fort Wayne,IN,USA
    ... it. If it had, Bell said, he wouldn’t have bought the car, a 2001 Toyota Prius, despite its impeccable green credentials. In raw ...

ROAD & Track provides updates on long term testers
    Autoblog - Santa Monica,CA,United States
    ... time with the 2004 Infiniti G35x, 2004 Jaguar XJ8, 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring, 2003 Mini Cooper S, 2004 Toyota Prius, and 2004 ...

CONTRA Costa may curb SUV use
    Oakland Tribune - Oakland,CA,USA
    ... In the last few years, the county has purchased 36 of the hybrid Toyota Prius as well as eight hybrids manufactured by Honda. The ...

10. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I would be interested to know what assumptions they used for predicting future use. By all accounts, developing nations are going to be using much more petroleum than they are now.

11. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The story showed up in my local paper today in the Environment section. It had been locally augmented and a second picture added. The car looks better than me. There were additional interviews with local people. I will check and see if The Daily Olympian has a web page.
    Yep they do here is the URL
    http://www.theolympian.com/home/specialsec...20/149063.shtml