1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Republicans and Iraq - role playing

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Aug 31 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]312224[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2.../7/164846.shtml

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200310221200.asp

Does this help. . . :lol:

Wildkow

2. pogo

pogo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 31 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]312472[/snapback]</div> No. It's a couple of opinion pieces, and neither one of them says that Clinton gave nukes to North Korea.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Aug 31 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]312426[/snapback]</div>
    Okay, I may be the donkey, but this made me laugh. I maybe should be worried about what that means,but I won't. WRT the 5 rules, there's no question that they're rampant in discourse these days, but they're hardly owned by one side or the other. You forgot #6 -- the strawman. Be sure to characterize you opponents postition in the easiest way to counter. (i.e. "cut and run", "blame america first", etc.)

Other than that, what about the rules did you think was relevant to the exchange that preceded it?

3. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Aug 31 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]312426[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, but to be more accurate, the donkey should be replace by the entire US, maybe even the whole Earth. ;)
    That's what the republicans hate most about Clinton, he did to one person what the Bushiveks are doing to the entire country.

4. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 31 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]312472[/snapback]</div> No - a bunch of slavering opinion pieces scrapped from the slimy barrels of right-wing propaganda rags does not count as as news or fact. Next you will be quoting Sean Hannity & Rush Limbaugh. Sorry, lets hear from sources of record - not propaganda outlets for the ditto-heads.

You need to read more widely dude - NewsMax is shite & the National Review is nothing more than a megaphone for the crazies.

(if you actually read the articles they do not claim that CLINTON GAVE NUKES TO NORTH KOREA)

If you are going to quote articles - make sure they support your opinion :lol: :lol:

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 1 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]312711[/snapback]</div>
    Their desperation level is rising. They must be really scared.

6. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 1 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]312718[/snapback]</div>
    Bunch of corrupt bastards - the thing about the current load of republicans is that they are not even conservative. They stand for nothing except enriching themselves from the public coffer.

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 1 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]312718[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately there is no their in this issue. We are all in it. There are those that recognize it for the threat it is and there are those that dont. Our biggest enemy or risk is from within.

Withdraw from Iraq, and all you will do is change the venue of the conflict to a different place at a different time and potentially add different weapons systems.

9/11, WTC I, etc, etc all happened before we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. What would make people think that they will stop if we withdraw?

8. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 1 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]312740[/snapback]</div>
    You still need to provide proof for your allegation that Clinton gave nukes to North Korea. Until you do so, you can be disregarded as just another lying partisan hack.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 1 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]312740[/snapback]</div>
    Because 9/11 and WTC I had nothing to do with Iraq. Stop proliferating this lie. Nobody is suggesting withdrawing from Afghanistan. I have never heard anyone advocate giving up the search for OBL.

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 1 2006, 08:15 AM) [snapback]312745[/snapback]</div>
    As I have said before his reference to Clinton giving the NK's nuclear weapons wasn't meant to imply that he actually took one out of the nuclear arsenal and shipped it over to them. I think everyone else on this board see's that and hasn't called him on it. But the actions he did take were so ineffectual that it was tantamount to giving them the weapon.

Wildkow

p.s. Go ahead an keep ranting over this but remember: "It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." [attachmentid=4836]

[attachmentid=4837]

Attached Files:

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 4 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]313990[/snapback]</div>
    Ok, I'll call him on it. I didn't think I needed to repeat triphop's argument since he was doing such a good job, but doberman's wording is clear. He states that Clinton gave nukes to N.K., and did not in any way imply that it was an indirect affect of inaction. This is what I am talking about in another thread... a right-winger says something that is obviously wrong, and the other right-wingers come along to support & defend him instead of calling him on it. Rediculous.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 4 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]313996[/snapback]</div>
    Now I understand why you need every little thing explained to you.

Your are a . . . [attachmentid=4840] :wacko: [attachmentid=4839] [attachmentid=4838] [attachmentid=4840]

Wildkow

Attached Files:

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 4 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]313996[/snapback]</div>
    :eek: :wacko:

TripFlop:
    You still need to provide proof for your allegation that Clinton gave nukes to North Korea. Until you do so, you can be disregarded as just another lying partisan hack. :eek:

dbermanmd:
    Under his presidency he let them develop nukes, he did not enforce the UN mandates, he did nothing when they turned off the cameras, he supplied them with material and knowledge - he did nothing to retard their development. ;)

Priusguy04:
    Hmm I get it, wheres the argument?? :huh: dbermanmd's statments explain it to you. (you should read it with an open mind and you will see it young grasshopper and beable to grasp the wisdom you so greatly seek.. ;) :)

Wildkow your right,
    They may infact need every little thing explained to them. It made sence to most of us that read it.
    It may take alittle more time to type it all out for them but eventually they will see the light and grasp the meaning .:ph34r:

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 4 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]314119[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, we read this already. Where's your link backing this up?
    Again proving my point that you guys will back each other up no matter how wrong you are.

15. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 4 2006, 04:09 PM) [snapback]314129[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah - he categorically said that CLINTON GAVE NUKES TO NK.

Now these two jokers want to spin it something else. Oh, an PriusGuy, all your icons/smileys make you appear very childish - do you still live in your parents basement? The tortured grammar and terrible spelling are also telling.

16. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(triphop @ Sep 4 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]314151[/snapback]</div>
    As a matter of fact there TripFlop, I do live in my parents basement they keep me locked in here with sean & rush piped in all day and all night with a slot under the door to protect me from the libs.. :lol: :lol:

Ahh another way to annoy someone, with smileys ;) :rolleyes:

Im happy to annoy you TripFlop..... :rolleyes: Its my lifes ambition Speaking on the childish veiw just look at the name calling
    below:

Now these two jokers, very childish - do you still live in your parents basement? The tortured grammar and terrible spelling are also telling. lying partisan hack, Spineless chicken hawks, Man up, you nancies , Get out of your parent's basement, wipe the cheese-curls dust off your hands and start reading more widely - it will do wonders for your education, You are a sorry little man, Yeah, your education sucks but your creativity is working 100%, Official motto of the GOP: Cluck, Cluck, Cluck, especially vile example of the bucket of slime that extremists on the right tend to be. Notice the Freeper posts this toilet-splasher has made - talk about a knuckle-dragger of the first water.,

Oh Pot to Kettle :lol:

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Did you find that link yet pg4? Oh, and while you're at it, since you're so good at answering for other people, let's see the one supporting Wildkow's claim that Sadam harbored the 9/11 planners.

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 4 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]314243[/snapback]</div>
    I'll start researching it right away.. ;)

20. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

LOL @ you guys for shouting into the wind. On both sides. Now it's my turn!

Seriously though, if we were serious about going after countries that harbored those terrorists, we'd be looking at the U.S.A. (we can't really invade them, can we? I guess since we're already here, we'll just make it feel more invasive). Plus we already saved a lot of money and got almost the same job done by just not sending an invasion force into New Orleans last year.

Maybe we'd look at Saudi Arabia too, who although they have been "officially cleared" of involvement, still seem to come up with a surprising number of natives who become terrorists, and a surprising amount of money supporting radical nutjobs. That's not too convenient though, given the amount of money and oil that changes hands between high rollers on both sides.