1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reputable Toyota Dealer in So. California

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MRenoir, Dec 30, 2005.

1. airpolgas

airpolgas New Member

I bought mine from Hamer Toyota as well. The salesguy was Steve Denson, very nice person, and he does not haggle. Although I have a bit of a peeve with the dealership.

I told Steve that I wanted an MSRP Black 06 - $28,615.

The dealership ordered all of their #8's with carpet and that stupid rear bumper applique. I've waited 3 months so I took it all in like a sheep. :angry:

2. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, nobody's mentioned them, so I thought I'd throw my dealership into the mix...

Rancho Santa Margarita Toyata, in South Orange County, was great to deal with. they DO NOT have any Prius right now, only a waiting list. Robert Morris, the fleet/internet sales guy I dealt with, was wonderful. He called me twice a month during the last two months of my wait 11/05 and 12/05, and was a great guy to deal with on 1/6/06 when my car got in. If you're going to be on a list, I highly recommend him.

Notes:
    $500 deposit to be on the list.
    He will show you the list if you ask politely.
    He sold it for MSRP with no add-ons.
    As part of the Penske autmotive group, he offered my free install and 9 month subscription to Sirius, which I accepted... it's COOL!
    I bought their warranty and maintenance plans at prices acceptable to me (fully aware of the pricing here at the time, they just fit my needs better.)
    purchased, at MY request, tinting and Simonizing through them.

3. rodney1

rodney1 Junior Member

I bought from Symes Toyota in Pasadena. I visited Glendale Toyota, but the sales rep I briefly talked to said they were asking a hefty premium on top of MSRP, so I left. My sales rep at Symes, Daniel Liu, was OK, but fairly new, and had only sold a couple of Prii before mine, so he didn't know everything about it. That was OK with me, I didn't really have a lot of questions, and I don't even like talking to salespeople! I haven't used the Service Dept. yet; I hope they're OK.

About the wait, as I wrote once before:

In mid-December, I put myself on the waiting list at Symes Toyota in Pasadena, for a #1 or #3, any color, after Jan. 1. I called the salesman Jan. 3, and he said they were expecting a shipment any day. On Jan. 6, a bit after 8am, he called and said they received four Prii overnight, one #1, two #3, and one #9.

I went over right away, and ended up buying the silver #1 (at MSRP). While I was there, the two #3s were also sold.

-- Rodney

4. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

APRIL 17TH BUMP

I think this thread is still relevant, especially now that the new Camry Hybrid will be released in a month and we'll have to go through this ordeal again.

Longo Toyota already has over 100 orders for the TCH, and they expect to get 25 cars per month.

Carson Toyota is not taking deposits so they can add $4000+ markup and sell to whoever is desperate enough.

Kearny Mesa Toyota had 15 orders when I added myself to the list two weeks ago, they're selling for MSRP, and they seem honest and laid back. But I have no idea how many they'll get per month. They're a pretty good size though.

5. joe hybrid

joe hybrid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tustin @ Jan 4 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]183866[/snapback]</div>

I too would have to agree with tustin. We dealt with peter who is Peter Mehana and he was good to work with and honored his word throughout the transaction. There is a shark like atmosophere there as well as at Longo.
    But going thru the internet sales at either dealer has been a good experience for my family.

One thing, Longo has always seemed to quoted us the lower price on vehicles right away instead of haggling the price down while Peter at claremont was more of a match it mentality.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Though located on s. orange Co I take the 20mile drive norht to Orange for service. Others will sell you the over priced service. There, no one even TRYS to play that game, so far.

7. Mauibound

Mauibound New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd like to add another positive reference for Longo Toyota. I dealt with Joseph Adenihun. Very nice guy. No funny business. MSRP + a thirty something dollar dealer fee for my Prius. He is in the fleet dept...and is a straight shooter.

8. VenicePrius

VenicePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would highly recommend Chris Cutright at Toyota of Hollywood (on Hollywood Blvd. near Gower). He's sold Prius' to at least 8 friends of mine and my experience with Chris was outstanding - the best Dealer experience I have ever had. I visited a dealership much closer to where I live and got the usual bs - if you walk into any dealership without knowing a particular sales person you might end up with the runt of the litter. Chris is a good guy.