1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

REQ: OEM self park button install.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Dan., Apr 17, 2007.

1. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm interested in doing a few mods, and one of the ones on my list was anytime backup camera. Since I don't have the JBL option (and speaker port), I'm committed to finding a place in my car to install a switch. So I thought, why not the European/Japanese Self Park button.

Once I get the OEM EV button installed, the EU self park will be the only one I'm missing. Obviously it won't work for self-park, but it might be a nice OEM toggle switch that I can use to engage anytime backup. Here's a shot of what a fully loaded panel would look like (mirror image I think). The icon kinda makes since for the backup camera, well except for the giant "P" on it. But aside from that I might be able to convince someone that it a factory rear view... Periscope...

[​IMG]

So... Does anyone know anything about installing this button, or how the switch and light are wired? Could this work as a switch for the backup camera mod?

Thoughts?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :blink:

OK... bit out of my depth here. I was hoping it would be a simpler splice like the OEM EV with light. Does your circuit yield it's complexity because it's a tri-state switch, or was it to get the LED voltage correct?

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My circuit was designed to switch 2 cameras while activating the MFD and providing voltage to the IPA indicator LED.

The IPA switch has 2 LEDs. One that lets you know when your in IPA mode and the other is for the rheostat controlled light.

The indicator LED on the IPA switch is normally ran on 12v. Since I was not going to switch 12v for the LED I was going to just run it off the 6v I was providing to the rest of the circuit. I had to remove the 911ohm resistor and add my own so the LED would be bright enough.

The other LED on the IPA switch just taps into the same rheostat wires as the EV button.

If your wanting to use the IPA button just for the reverse camera while activating the MFD and the indicator LED on the IPA switch all you will have to do is make a few modifications to my design.

5. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Apr 17 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]424984[/snapback]</div>
    OK... feel a little better.... If I get totally out of my depths I'll probably just ignore the 12v light, since it sounds like that added a good deal of complexity too.

I'm gonna read through your thread a few more times to try to make heads or tails of it. Sounds encouraging.